On Fri, 24 Aug 2007, Suresh Govindachar wrote:
>   Jan Dubois wrote:
>   >On Fri, 24 Aug 2007, Suresh Govindachar wrote:
>   >> Building VIM with dynamic Perl support gives error messages
>   >> such as the following:
>   >>
>   >>    gobj/if_perl.o:if_perl.c:(.text+0x1c1f):
>   >>            undefined reference to `Perl_sv_2iv_flags'
>   >
>   > This looks like you compiled if_perl.c against the Perl/lib/CORE header
>   > files from ActivePerl 822 (or a relatively recent snapshot of the core
> Perl
>   > source), but then link against a perl58.lib of an older Perl version.
>   > Perl_sv_2iv_flags() is a new symbol that will be introduced in Perl 5.8.9,
>   > and ActivePerl 822 already contains all the current changes that will end
>   > up in 5.8.9.
>
>   Brand new hard-drive.  Log of installing ActivePerl is attached below.
>   I searched entire hard drive for perl*dll and found only the following
>   and they are all inside c:\opt\perl\bin:

Yes, they will all be the new version.  But you did not provide the command
that generated the error above.  It will be linking against "something"
that is built with an older version of Perl.  I have no idea how building VIM
with Perl embedding works.  I would suspect that something in the VIM codebase
is not properly exporting all the new symbols.

Cheers,
-Jan