----- Original Message -----
From: "Sisyphus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "perl-win32-users" <perl-win32-users@listserv.ActiveState.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2008 1:41 PM
Subject: [OT] patch.exe on Vista is unusable.
.
> Does anyone have a working patch.exe on Vista ?

There's actually nothing wrong with the patch.exe files.

The problem is that Vista won't let me run any executable whose name =~
m/patch/i without first getting my Administrator password. Vista doesn't
care what the file actually does - it just decides that any executable whose
name =~ m/patch/i needs admin privileges to run, and that it can't be run
from the command line. (This of course means that I can rename patch.exe to,
say, othername.exe, and I can then run it fine - but I have to run it as
'othername', not 'patch'.)

Despite the fact that this is a great and wondrous innovation on the part of
Microsoft (I bet Linux wish they'd thought of it first), I would like to
remove this behaviour. Anyone know how to do that ?

Cheers,
Rob

Cheers,
Rob