On Wed, 06 May 2009, Sisyphus wrote: "Jan Dubois"
<j...@activestate.com> wrote:

> > Either that, or you could embed the manifest manually into your
> > Common.dll using the mt.exe tool.
> >

> Thanks Jan.
> I've taken a look at 'mt /?' and can't see anything there that makes any
> sense at all to me.
> Do you know the actual command I need to run ?

It would be something like this:

    mt -nologo -manifest Common.dll.manifest -outputresource:Common.dll;2

> There's no 'manifest' file anywhere in the build directory (apart from
> the MANIFEST that ships with the XML-LibXML-Common source). I've tried
> updating to EU::MM-6.50, but that makes no difference.

The *.manifest file gets written by link.exe when it builds the DLL using
VC 8.  It should be in the same directory as the *.dll.  You need to call
mt.exe after link.exe.

Cheers,
-Jan