From: perl-win32-users-boun...@listserv.activestate.com
[mailto:perl-win32-users-boun...@listserv.activestate.com] On Behalf Of
Rothenmaier, Deane
Sent: 03 May 2012 17:08
To: perl-win32-users@listserv.ActiveState.com
Subject: Hash Key function puzzlement -- a point of information query

> Gurus,
>
> Given something like this:
>
> #!Perl
> use strict;
> use warnings;
>
> my %hash; keys(%hash) = 128;

You have changed the number of hash buckets, not the number of keys.

> print "hash has " . scalar(keys(%hash)) . " keys\n";
>
> I should see a printed value of 128, wouldn't you think? But no, it prints:
> "hash has 0 keys".  What's up wit > dat? What obvious thing am I missing?

That's correct, because you have not added any keys.

HTH

--
Brian Raven

not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please advise
the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message and any
attachments without retaining a copy.

Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this
e-mail is strictly forbidden.