Hi,

I have a module that prints to STDERR after that filehandle has been tie()'d to a simple package that captures everything written to it. When I "print STDERR" from a Perl sub the output is captured as expected, but when I "fprintf(stderr, ...)" from an XSUB the output is not captured and appears in the Console window instead.

It occurred to me that fprintf(stderr, ...) is probably wrong - it should really be PerlIO_printf(PerlIO_stderr(), ...) shouldn't it? However, the output is still not captured after doing that

How do I get the tie() magic applied to the filehandle when it is used within the XSUB, or can't I do that?

Thanks,

Steve