Hi,
I'm thinking the answer to this is probably no, but anyway...

We have a big perl job sitting on top of an oracle database (accessed
via DBI DBD::Oracle).  Some of the functionality we are implementing as
XS routines.  Now I would really like to implment some XS routines
which interact with the database (using oracle OCI library which is
what DBD::Oracle does), but to do this we need to be able to some how
extract the OCI handles from the DBI object.
Is this possible?
Even if possible is it a good idea?
By bypassing DBI (and DBD::Oracle) would I be corrupting some of its
state stuff? (other perl code would still be using them normally).

Have looked around and not found anyone talking about this.  I know I
can call back the perl DBI functions from XS for the database routines,
but this is not ideal.