On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 06:17:25PM +0100, Leif Andersson wrote:
> If it is in accordance with a special MARC flavour, then maybe MARC::Record
> should do something to meet this need? But, we do not know that yet.

Yeah, we could have new_from_xxx() for a different MARC flavors I suppose.

It might also be nice to be able to:

    $MARC::RECORD::STRICT = undef;
    $MARC::RECORD::WARNINGS = undef;

Which would have the same effects as:

    $batch->strict_off();
    $batch->warnings_off();

Which would allow for calls to new_from_usmarc() without bailing when something
looks fishy...for advanced users only :)

But it would be even nicer to know exactly what's going on here first.

//Ed

--
Ed Summers
aim: inkdroid

The deeper I go the darker it gets. [Peter Gabriel]