On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 9:32 AM, Jon Gorman <jonathan.gor...@gmail.com>
wrote:> First, on the Library of Congress data, Internet Archive has
a> snapshot of the LoC information from 2007.  It was collected by
the> Scriblio project>
http://www.archive.org/details/marc_records_scriblio_net.  There's>
also some other record collections at archive that contain MARC>
records.  There's some good MARC libraries in Perl.
It's not widely known, but Internet Archive also subscribe to
theweekly updates from LC (I believe back to the Scriblio purchase)
andmake them available on the Web (god bless 'em):
   http://www.archive.org/details/marc_loc_updates
I believe all LoC records are present in WorldCat, except for
thecatalog records that aren't in electronic form :-) I seem to
rememberthere was an impoverished search API that OCLC offers to the
generalpublic, and that it's nice one is reserved for OCLC
subscribers. Youcould use the SRU module with LC's SRU endpoint:
   http://z3950.loc.gov:7090/voyager?operation=explain
But, depending on what you are doing, I would probably be content
tosift through the 481 hits in GoogleBooks and call it a day :-)
   https://www.googleapis.com/books/v1/volumes?q=perl

//Ed