On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 5:55 AM, Andy Kohler <akohler...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi -
>
> I'm pulling records from the WorldCat Search API in MARCXML, and need to
> convert them to binary MARC for further evaluation, which I'll do via
> MARC::Record.
>
> Problem: Converting from MARCXML via MARC::File::XML seems to require
> reading the records from a file.  I've already got the XML stored in a
> variable, retrieved via LWP::Simple->get().
>
> Do I have to write the XML to a file, then read it in again to convert
> it?  Or am I just missing something obvious?

​The function new_from_xml() should work without filehandle I think. I'm
pulling a bunch of MARCXML records from a database and the code looks like
this:

while ( my $row = $sth->fetchrow_hashref() ) {
    my $marcxml = $row->{'marcxml'};
    my $record = MARC::Record->new_from_xml( $marcxml, 'UTF-8' );
}​

--
Saiful Amin