On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 02:24:29AM -0600, David Nicol wrote:
> i noticed the threads documentation says that thread IDs count upwards to
> infinity.
>
> We could recycle old thread IDs in a FIFO way using a strategy similar
> to the indices in Array::Frugal.

This would serve no purpose that I can see.

> If thread objects are kept in an internal array indexed by tid, and I
> curious if they are -- i do not know -- using a frugal array instead
> would fix that memory leak.

A minute's effort to run the following code

    $ perl586t -we 'use threads;1 while threads->new(sub{1})->join'

would have shown you that there is no such leak, rather than having to
bother the whole list with alarmist nonsense.

Dave.

--
Thank God I'm an atheist.....