Ariel Scolnicov writes:
: I was asked to debug a weird Perl5 problem yesterday.  The code in
: question looked roughly like this (indented 4 spaces, but otherwise
: unchanged):
:
:     #!perl -w
:     use strict;
:
:     print <<END;
:     The next line contains a space at the end.
:     END
:     This is still a here document
:     END
:
: This can be very hard to discover. I find it hard to see myself doing
: this on purpose.  I would like to see a compiler warning for this:
: "Spaces detected after apparent here document terminator", but
: preferably phrased better.
:
: Are there any objections?

I object, vaguely.  I think it should just Do The Right Thing.
(I suspect it should ignore spaces on the left to.)

Larry