Larry Wall wrote:

> Ed Mills writes:
> : But don't {} or {1} sort of do the same thing?
>
> Well, { warn "Encountered stub"; (); } would be more like it.  But the
> biggest problem with {} or {1} is that they don't resemble an ellipsis.
>
> Larry

dot operator selection:

The token clarifier sees  dot, it's concat operator, unless next token is
also dot, in which it's one of a variety of .. operators depending
on a variety of things, possibly including the RHS also being dot, in
which case we've got the ... function.

In the world in which the program text becomes the token list
via a tokenize() function, which returns @tokens  (it can't be a regex
mostly due to the interactions of various sorts of quoitings)  I drafted
it over the weekend I will be testing it soon, mostly it's

split /(/\w*|\s*)/
followed by special treatment for hereis, followed by push onto @tokens.

then the tokens get run, which means executing a $_->run() if such is
defined, or calling clarify($_) if not.

And all this w/in multiple threads.

--
                          David Nicol 816.235.1187 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      Does despair.com sell a discordian calendar?