While I think it is reasonable that all such configuration parameters
be changeable by an API, there is clearly a place for system defaults.
I've run across two such modules that I know.  One wanted you to set the
time-zone the system was running in, and the other was to set a default
SMTP
server.  Both are reasonable to me for system installations.

As for "Foo::Configuration", I could live with that, but that will tend
to add another directory/namespace/module layer that can be a bit of a
hassle.  The only other logical approach I can see is to use
FooConfigation;

--
David Corbin
Mach Turtle Technologies, Inc.