Now, just to mess with your head a bit....   ;)

could a case operator be overloadable?
I know the conditional operator currently cannot be overloaded,
but it seems it should be possible. difficulty is another thing though.

Greg London

                    Damian Conway

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED],
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    sh.edu.au>             cc:

                                           Subject:     Re: switch
s/statement/operator/
                    08/29/00 07:10

                    PM

                    Please respond

                    to damian

   > I was thinking that the switch statement could possibly be expanded
   > to also behave as an operator and not just a control statement.

I had considered this, but didn't put this in because no other
Perl control statements return a value. Personally, I like the
notion a great deal.

What the heck, I'll add it to the next iteration of the RFC. :-)

Damian