Damian Conway wrote:

>         * invoke some other hierarchy of automagic methods
>           (REFIT? RESHAPE? MORPH? TRANSMOGRIFY?), or

If we do go this way, then we should make sure any names follow suit:

    BLESS       REBLESS
    CREATE      RECREATE
    INVOKE      REINVOKE
    SHAPE       RESHAPE
    BUILD       REBUILD
    MAKE        REMAKE
    GENERATE    REGENERATE
    FORM        REFORM
    PRODUCE     REPRODUCE

BLESS is still my top choice by far, because while it doesn't do any
blessing, it's obvious what it's attached to. Remember, PRINT and PRINTF
don't have to do any printing, nor do POP, PUSH, etc, have to do any
popping or pushing. But they're all named for the function they're
invoked by, so there's considerable precedent in this area. Plus John
Tobey likes it, so that's two votes...

CREATE is probably off-limits just because I was already going to use it
to do stuff on variable instantiation. And by this, then CREATE -> BLESS
-> DESTROY makes it pretty obvious what's going on.

-Nate