>> "You want Icon, you know where to find it..." :)

Jarkko> Hey, it's one of the few languages we haven't yet stolen a
Jarkko> neat feature or few from...  (I don't really count the few
Jarkko> regex thingies as full-fledged stealing, more like an
Jarkko> experimental sleight-of-hand.)

I think the -1 indexing for "end of array" came from there.  Or at
least, it was in Perl long before it was in Python, and it was in Icon
before it was in Perl, so I had always presumed Larry had seen Icon.
Larry?