TH> I guess we can translate all uses of keys and values when doing
TH> the p52p6 conversion - so that this:

TH>   foreach my $x (keys %y)
TH>   {
TH>     $y{$x+1} = 1;
TH>   }

TH> becomes:

TH>   foreach my $x (@temp = keys %y)
TH>   {
TH>     $y{$x+1} = 1;
TH>   }

TH> Of course we'd have to make sure the optimised realised that the
TH> assignment caused the list to be flattened so it didn't try and
TH> elide the 'useless' assignment ;-)

Why not
        lock(%y);
        foreach my $x (keys %y) {
                $y{$x+1} = 1;
        }
        unlock(%y);

Hmm, I just realized, perhaps we can just punt. Any p5 program that
doesn't use Threads can be left alone. Using p5 threads would
then need manual intervention.

<chaim>
--
Chaim Frenkel                                        Nonlinear Knowledge, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                               +1-718-236-0183