Well I hope there are some interested parties out there for this.  The
new and improved "getting started" guide should be ready in pod by
Thursday.  I have added more content and tried to incorporate the
suggestions that everyone gave to me.  The document is growing as I
learn more.  I have translated the document several times, but when I
want to add more content I go back to the original format because I find
writing in pod so distasteful.

Is there a module or a script out there that will let me write in
"freestyle pod" (allowing indentation and reasonable blank line
placement) and translate it to pod?

Just wondering: What would another documentation style have to provide
to make it an acceptable replacement for pod?

On a side note.  If you replace the current libparrot_def.in file with
this (see listing below).  The dll (win32) built with 'make shared' will
make the t/src tests pass (make sure libparrot.dll is in the path).  The
majority of the tests pass.  Some say that they fail, but on closer
inspection, the output and the expected output are the same.  I have
verified this several times by compiling the test code myself.  I am
left with the conclusion that the perl testing modules might be
malfunctioning somehow.  I am currently looking at them.

Thanks,
Erik

LIBRARY libparrot
DESCRIPTION 'Parrot Interpreter'
EXPORTS
    Parrot_new
    Parrot_init
    Parrot_setflag
    Parrot_setwarnings
    Parrot_readbc
    Parrot_loadbc
    Parrot_runcode
    Parrot_destroy
    Parrot_debug
    Parrot_disassemble
    Parrot_DynOp_core_${MAJOR}_${MINOR}_${PATCH}
    internal_exception
    intlist_new
    intlist_get
    intlist_push