On Sun, Oct 06, 2002 at 10:26:23PM +0100, Tim Bunce wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 12:28:57PM -0400, Dan Sugalski wrote:
> > At 12:15 PM +0100 10/2/02, Tim Bunce wrote:
> > >On a related note, are there any good tools for static code analysis
> > >around?  The usual cross-reference stuff would be handy, but ideally
> > >something that goes further.
> >
> > If someone wants to build some and there are things that parrot
> > doesn't provide that would make it easier, speak up--while I won't
> > promise we'll design in things for it, we certainly can't if we don't
> > know.
>
> Seeing my post mentioned 'in brief' in Leon's summary made me think I
> should at least do some googling of my own...
>
> I turned up this one:
>
>       http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/news/egcs-vcg.html
>       http://rw4.cs.uni-sb.de/users/sander/html/gsvcg1.html

This is slightly different:

        "Infrastructure for C Program Analysis and Transformation"
        http://manju.cs.berkeley.edu/cil/

I wonder if it might be useful to occasionally use the related
"CCured" tool (built using CIL) as an extra sanity check on the
parrot code:

        "CCured is a source-to-source translator for C, which
        analyzes the program to determine the smallest number of
        run-time checks that must be inserted in the program to
        prevent all memory safety violations."

        http://manju.cs.berkeley.edu/ccured/index.html

Tim.