> --- Michael Lazzaro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Note if we are truly strict about C<==> always meaning "compare
> > numerically", I imagine that the line:
> >
> >     [EMAIL PROTECTED] == [EMAIL PROTECTED];
> >
> > would in fact be identical to _this_ line:
> >
> >     @a.length == @b.length;    # or whatever it's called
>
> Whoa!! I read
>
>      [EMAIL PROTECTED] == [EMAIL PROTECTED];
>
> as "does the [EMAIL PROTECTED] compare numerically as equal to the
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]", which is definitely NOT the same as
>
>     @a.length == @b.length;    # or whatever it's called
>
> which I read as "does @a have the same number of elements as @b?"

As much as I don't want to refute my own operator, I agree with you
here.  I don't know what the "official" (this week) policy is, but I
think it's a bad idea for references to auto-dereference.  The other
way around is fine, though (arrays auto-referencizing).

C<[EMAIL PROTECTED] == [EMAIL PROTECTED]> seems fine, provided references stay as