>   Object Instantiation
>     Dan had a moment of clarity and declared that the Parrot Way to
>     instantiate an object in class Foo will be:
>
>       new P5, .Foo
>
>     All we need now is a working implementation. And, apparently, knowing
>     what class a class is a member of might be handy, but Dan's punting on
>     ("ignoring the heck out of") that one.

(Yeah, I read the thread, but just thought of this now)

So classes will be integers?  Fair enough, as there's just as many of
those as there are memory locations.

I do worry about some long-running daemon that uses anonymous classes
heavily.  It's possible that after quite some time, we'd run out of
integers, even when there are far fewer than 4 billion classes in
current existence.

So, shouldn't classes instead be objects that can be garbage-collected?
I know that violates that nice equivalency between PMCs and classes, but
I'm sure there's a way to finesse the convenience of that equivalence
somehow...

Luke