Honestly you guys, I'm not trolling.  I'm just getting a lot of ideas
recently. :-)

The C comma has always bugged me, but its function is indeed useful
(many times I use C<and> in its place, if I know the left side will
always be true). I don't know whether it's staying or not (I've heard
rumors of both), but I'd suggest that it leave and allow itself to be

This word:  C<then>.

So, from a recent script of mine:

    my $n;
    while $n++ then @accum < $total {
    }

(Where I got in trouble for using C<and> and never executing anything :-)

To me, it's very clear what's going on, and eliminates the mystery of
the comma in scalar context for a syntax error.

Luke