Uri Guttman writes:
> good point. but we definitely would want arrays supported
> with all three scalar types and in both directions. in fact, if we just
> look at what swig (and other similar projects) is able to do we can make
> that stuff easier as well. i recall a minor nightmare when we tried to
> wrap this lib in a perl module. if the nci interface can handle
> describing arguments with their direction (in/out/in-out), sizes, types,
> etc. and do all the needed work it will make this so much easier.

Not just easier.  The fact that it's possible to interface with
libraries without a C compiler has some profound ramifications regarding
portability.  It means that normal Windows platforms (the ones without
make and a compiler) will be able to use a lot more of the modules that
are written.

I'm all for a very rich NCI.

Luke