    submethod BUILD() {
      say 23;
    }

  my Bar $bar .= new;

I suppose this will output:
  42
  23

S12 says that "submethod[s] [are] called only when a method call is
dispatched directly to the current class", but the default implementation of
"new" (as given by Object), calls BUILDALL, which in turn calls all BUILDs, so
I think both BUILDs are executed. Are they?

S12 says that "[s]ubmethods are for declaring infrastructural methods that
shouldn't be inherited by subclasses". I read this "shouldn't be inherited" as
that a submethod definition of the same name in a subclass does not
overwrite/substitute the definition of the parent class. Correct?

  class A      { submethod blarb() { say 42 } }
  class B is A { submethod blarb() { say 23 } }
  B.new.blarb;

Does this only output "23"? (I think so, as I don't call A::blarb explicitly.
If I wanted to call A's blarb, I'd have to say "B.new.A::blarb", correct?)

--Ingo
</lots_of_questions>

--
Linux, the choice of a GNU | self-reference, n. - See self-reference
generation on a dual AMD   |