# New Ticket Created by  James Keenan
# Please include the string:  [perl #47313]

The description for Parrot configuration step class auto::va_ptr
states that its purpose is:  "Tests which kind of PARROT_VA_TO_VAPTR
to use."

Assuming that the test does not die, there are only two possible
results: 'ppc' and 'x86'.  Whichever result is achieved is assigned
both to the step's result and to Parrot::Configure object key
'va_ptr_type'.

When I run this on Linux, I get 'x86', as I would expect.  But when I
configure on my iBook, I *also* get 'x86':

     Test the type of va_ptr (this test is likely to
segfault)..............x86.

But I'm clearly running on the powerpc version of Darwin:

    Summary of my perl5 (revision 5 version 8 subversion 8)
configuration:
     Platform:
       osname=darwin, osvers=8.7.0, archname=darwin-2level
       uname='darwin macintosh.local 8.7.0 darwin kernel version
8.7.0: fri may 26
15:20:53 pdt 2006; root:xnu-792.6.76.obj~1release_ppc power macintosh
powerpc '

Even though I have no idea what a va_ptr is, I would still expect the
result of this step on my iBook to be 'ppc'.  Why isn't it?

Thank you very much.

kid51