I tried this and I like it.

On Mon, 2010-19-07 at 20:36 +0200, Flavio S. Glock wrote:
> Perlito is a compiler that implements a subset of Perl 6.
> Perlito compiles "MiniPerl6" programs (such as itself) into one of the
> 'backend' languages: Go, Common Lisp, Perl 5, Javascript, and Python
> 2.

The go backend does not work for me because it assumes a 64-bit system
and I am on 32 still (6c rather than 8c).  I could probably patch this.

The python one worked fine.

I looked at everything I could find on the web and in the distribution
for information about future plans for perlito but could not find much
so I'll ask here.

Is anyone using it ?

How far do you (Flavio) plan to continue working on it ?

I have some things I'd like to try in perl 6 but I don't really have
time to get the whole rakudo/parrot thing up and running.

--
--gh