On Sun, Mar 31, 2002 at 12:49:08AM -0500, Melvin Smith wrote:
> I did some browsing of the code for potential problems in compiling
> for embedded platforms and/or general porting and here are some of the
> things I found.

Do embedded C compilers often not conform to ANSI C 89?

> 1- assert.h and use of assert()
>     assert is easy enough to implement we need to do this and not depend
>     on its existence on the target because its not guaranteed.

assert is part of ANSI C 89, it should always be there.  The only
limitation is the expression must be an int.

> 2- errno.h same thing.

errno is also in ANSI C 89.

However, using errno to transmit error messages has bitten us in the
ass in Perl5.

--

Michael G. Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl Quality Assurance      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>         Kwalitee Is Job One