At 9:21 AM -0700 8/6/04, Sean O'Rourke wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Leopold Toetsch) writes:
 The interference_graph size is n_symbols * n_symbols *
 sizeof(a_pointer). This might already be too much.

 2) There is a note in the source code that the interference graph could
 be done without the N x N graph array. Any hints welcome (Angel Faus!).

It looks like the way things are used in the code, you can use an adjacency list instead of the current adjacency matrix for the graph. If interference is typically sparse, which I think it should be, this is a win. So Dan -- while you're in there with the debugging statements, you might also want to keep a count of how many registers interfere with each other.

I'll dig in and see if I can throw that info out. I may also add a counter to see how many trips through the spill loop each program takes. That's where most of the time's being taken, and I'm wondering if there's a cutoff point--if you hit N times around the loop you're there forever, or something.