On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 06:50:29AM -0700, François PERRAD via RT wrote:

> In fact, perl6.exe contains some dependencies on build tree.
> Just after a build, perl6.exe works :

This is a known item -- see line 32 of languages/perl6/README:

    This binary executable feature is still somewhat experimental,
    and may not work on all platforms.  Also, the binary has hardcoded
    paths to the Parrot build tree (especially the dynamic libraries
    and modules), so removing the build tree will cause the binary
    to stop working.

We're not likely to do anything about this until Parrot
installation is handled properly.  I couldn't find a unique
ticket for that issue -- when we find or create such a ticket
we should probably list this ticket as a dependency on that.

In the meantime, I'm marking this ticket as stalled.

Thanks!

Pm