On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 23:01:38 +0100, Piers Cawley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[...]

> It seems to me, that the way to get at all the instances of a class is to ask
> the Garbage Collector to do the heavy lifting for us, and ideally I'd like to
> see this exposed at the Perl level.

I'm going to hijack this thread to discuss something else.  We are
should have an API to talk to the GC and give it hints about when it
should run, and tweek the verious paramitors for its running.

For example

GC::run(); # Trigger the Garbige collector to run at this moment

GC::exclude(&code); # Don't run the Garbige collector while &code is
being executed.

http://dformosa.zeta.org.au/~dformosa/Spelling.html to find out more.
Free the Memes.