pugs-comm...@feather.perl6.nl wrote:
Modified:
   docs/Perl6/Spec/S32-setting-library/Temporal.pod
Log:
[S32/Temporal] Reverted DateTime back to being mutable. I think we ought to
make a big change like this only after reaching some kind of consensus to do
so, not least because I just implemented a lot of mutating methods!

Note that += and friends need only the *container* on the LHS to be mutable,
not the value?\226?\128?\148'$x += 1' should be allowed whether $x holds an
Int, a Date, or a DateTime.

Types representing temporal artifacts should *not* be mutable; they should be "value" types.

If you want to derive a DateTime from another, say, then just have the pseudo-mutator method return a new object with the differences.

-- Darren Duncan