On 14 Jul 2005, at 13:16, David Nicol wrote:

I have uploaded asynchronous::universal::ready and
asynchronous::universal::set_callback
to CPAN.  They are both entirely trivial packages with a mess of
documentation.  The
idea behind them is to support asynchonous frameworks in which the
immediate result
of passing away a message is a placeholder object with a ready method
that will return
a false value until its result message comes back, at which time the
placeholder upgrades
itself to a result.

I took a look at them when you loaded them to CPAN but couldn't quite figure out how they would fit into something like qpsmtpd's async framework - we don't poll a bunch of objects for readiness state - we have to let the OS kernel notify us through the epoll/poll/kqueue framework.

Matt.