On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Nathan Wiger wrote:

> And then there's the lexical variable issue too:
>
>    The default variable scope rules for Ruby (default: local) are
>    much better suited for medium-to-large scale programming tasks;
>    no "my, my, my" proliferation is needed for safe Ruby programming

        Actually, this is the bit that interests me.  Most times, when you
create a variable, you *do* want local scope.  I think I would be
guardedly in favor of changing the default scope from global to local
(although I have the feeling there is something I'm not considering). What
does everyone else think?

                                        Dave