Jonathan Scott Duff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Thu, Sep 21, 2000 at 10:45:05AM +0100, Piers Cawley wrote:
> > Whoa Nellie. When did we get prototyping for methods.
>
> We've had prototyping (context coercing) for methods as long as we've
> had them for "ordinary" subroutines.

We have? Are you *sure* about that? From Camel 3, page 226

  Since prototypes are taken into consideration only at compile time,
  it naturally falls out that they have no influence on subroutine
  references ... Method calls are not influenced by prototypes either.

Of course, if we do add interface polymorphism it may well become
possible to use parameter lists for methods that are declared in an
interface...

--
Piers