Alan Gutierrez wrote:

> The suggested C< use optimize > pragma is starting to grow many heads.
> C< use less > was such a simple little pragma, a general direction for
> the interpreter to take. Here it seems that the optimizations apply to
> the C< package int; > only. Are we suggesting that optimizations should
> be localized? Can I C< use optimize 'memory' > in one package and C< use
> optimize 'CPU' > in another? Do optimizations have block scope?
>
> I like C< use less >. I trust that perl6 will DWIM.

It may be the case that both need to exist in this case. I would imagine
that the C<use optimize> pragma should be able to give you really minute
control over this stuff. And yes, I was suggesting these changed be
localizable (at least some of them).

C<use less> might be good for general C<use less 'cpu'> stuff, as you
note.

-Nate