I'm neither interested in python, nor in OO-programming, so don't copy me in on
replies like you did with my ruby announcement, which you seemed to like.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Newsgroups: fm.announce
Subject: Python 2.0c1 - High-level scripting language.
Date: 10 Oct 2000 17:42:12 GMT

 application: Python 2.0c1
      author: Guido van Rossum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
     license: OpenSource
    category: Development/Languages

    homepage: http://freshmeat.net/redir/homepage/892580003/
    download: http://freshmeat.net/redir/download/892580003/

Python is an interpreted, interactive, object-oriented programming
language. It combines remarkable power with very clear syntax, and
isn't difficult to learn. It has modules, classes, exceptions, very
high level data types, and dynamic typing. There are interfaces to many
system calls and libraries, as well as to various windowing systems
(Tk, Mac, MFC, GTK+, Qt, wxWindows). Newbuilt-in modules are easily
written in C or C++. Python is also usable as an extension language for
applications that need a programmable interface.

Changes:
Python 2.0c1 is Python 2.0 release candidate 1. All major reported bugs
have been fixed.

--
H.Merijn Brand           Amsterdam Perl Mongers (http://www.amsterdam.pm.org/)
using perl-5.005.03, 5.6.0, 5.7.1 & 516 on HP-UX 10.20 & 11.00, AIX 4.2 & 4.3,