OK, here's my summary of language RFCs as they currently stand.  As
I said before, this list will always be available from
http://infotrope.net/opensource/software/perl6/

I would appreciate if people could do the following:

1. put their hands up to write the "up for grabs" RFCs
2. work towards getting the "requested/promised" and "draft" RFCs up to
   the point where they can be submitted to the librarian.
3. let me know if you think an RFC needs a sublist to discuss it

I'm *very* close to suggesting a "strict" sublist.  Thoughts?

I've also specifically asked Damian to send me a list of the RFCs he's
planning to write.

K.

--
Kirrily Robert -- <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -- http://netizen.com.au/
Open Source development, consulting and solutions

Up for grabs:
-------------
Formats out of core
Renaming linenoise perlvars (into a package?)
unlink() renamed

Requested/promised:
-------------------
an option for strong typing
        Michael Fowler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Programer Modifiable Warnings and Error Messages
        Brust, Corwin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
List operations eg interleaving
        Graham Barr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
That Perl should stay Perl
        Simon Cozens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Switch statement
        Damian Conway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Deprecate localtime() and replace with ????
        Nathan Wiger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
want()
        Damian Conway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
named parameters
        Damian Conway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Drafts, etc
-----------
loop control and do
        Nathan Torkington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Enhanced pack/unpack
        Edwin Wiles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Removing/fixing $[line noise here] variables
        Corwin Brust <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
RFC for recursive regexps
        [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Andrew Greene)
Filehandle type-defining punctuation
        Peter Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Elements of @_ should be read-only.
        John Tobey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Submitted to librarian:
-----------------------
RFC 2: Request For New Pragma: Implicit
        Bryan C. Warnock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
RFC 4: Type inference
        Steve Fink <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
RFC 5: Multiline comments
        Michael J. Mathews <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
RFC 6: Lexical variables made default
         J. David Blackstone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
RFC 7: Higher resolution time values
        Gisle Aas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
RFC 8: The AUTOLOAD subroutine should be able to decline a request
        Leon Brocard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
RFC 9: Highlander variables
        Andy Wardley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
RFC 10: Filehandles should use * as a type prefix if typeglobs are eliminated.
        Peter Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
RFC 12: Variable usage warnings
        Steve Fink <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> for now
RFC 14: Modify open() and opendir() to return handle objects
        Nathan Wiger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
RFC 15: Stronger typing through tie
        Michael Fowler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
RFC 16: Keep default Perl free of constraints such as warnings and strict.
        Daniel Chetlin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
RFC 17: Organization and Rationalization of Perl State Variables
        Steve Simmons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>