Morning all,

This email forms my latest semi-official report on the state of the Perl
6 Language WG, and also begs the forbearance of the Perl 6 community as
I go through a slightly difficult time personally.

I've been fairly quiet on -language and -meta because everything seems
to be moving along reasonably well and I have no objections to stuff
that's happening.  "Silence is consent," and all that.

As everyone's aware, the RFCs just keep pouring in, and it seems that
people are rushing to get their final ideas in before closing time.
Traffic on -language is up somewhat, but hasn't got unreasonable.
Everyone still seems to be playing nice, for which I am eternally
grateful.

Likewise, the language sublists are moving along at a steady pace.  I
really should be keeping in touch more with the sublist chairs, but they
all seem to be doing such a good job that I've mostly left them to it :)

Things that still need doing include:
- contact RFC authors to encourage moving RFCs towards Frozen/Withdrawn
- wrap up sublists as their RFCs are finalised
- get more tuits

On the "get more tuits" note, I should mention why I've been a bit
absent lately.  Basically the company I work for, Netizen, has been
going through some Interesting[0] Times lately.  In fact, we've been
wrapping up the business.  This wasn't intended to be a total closing
down... we were expecting our staff to be hired as a team by another
company, and were looking forward to that.  However, that doesn't seem
to have eventuated, so we've got a few people out of work -- myself
included.  If anyone wants to know more about it, my diary at
http://infotrope.net/diary/2000-09.html should explain a bit more.

So, this means I've been a tad distracted.  I'm also about to become
*more* distracted as I head off around the world for job interviews,
starting this coming weekend.  I will be gone 2 weeks, and while I will
have net access for most of it, it will be difficult for me to keep up
with everything.  I also won't be making it to YAPC::Europe :-(
However, if anyone in Ottawa, Montreal, or Stockholm would like to get
together for a few drinks or something, email me.

Because of this, I'd like to ask the sublist chairs to take
responsibility for wrapping up RFCs for their sublists, leaving me with
only the actual "-language" ones.  I'd also like to ask the -language
members to bear with me and, if possible, to help bring all our RFCs to
their final states.  I think we've all done a really good job so far,
and it shouldn't be too hard to bring it all to fruition over the next
few weeks.

My Netizen email address will continue to function, however I would
prefer most correspondence to be addressed to me at my home address,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thank you in advance for your forbearance,

K.

--
Kirrily "Skud" Robert
[EMAIL PROTECTED]