On Wed, 4 Sep 2002, Erik Steven Harrison wrote:
> How are we planning on dealing with this, or do the
> implementers consider it a non issue?

Well, to me this is a non-Yet issue, but a very real issue.  I'm hoping
that when Perl 6 goes 1.0, the grammar will have seen a lot of testing,
and will be in some sort of final form.  To me a language's grammar, once
defined, shouldn't do a lot of changing, internally or otherwise.  When
was the last time C's grammar changed?  Or even gcc's implementation of
it?

Of course, before 1.0 the grammar will likely undergo some major tweaking,
fixing, and refactoring.  It seems reasonable to expect people who do
grammar mods before then to keep up with changes.

/s