On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 05:50:55PM -0700, Larry Wall wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Oct 2002, Allison Randal wrote:
> :     use Acme::N-1_0; # or whatever the format of the name is
>
> I don't see why it couldn't just be:
>
>     use Acme::1.0;

I agree thats better. But why not separate the version more by using
a different separator than :: between the module name and the version.
Or even something like

  use Acme[1.0];

> After all, we don't have package names starting with numbers right now...

Er, we do.

  http://search.cpan.org?perldoc?Pod::Simple::31337

It would seem that (currently) only the top-level namespace may not start
with a number.

But I would also not that CPAN only has 3 such modules, all by the same author
and all ::31337

Graham.