On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 03:13:23PM +0100, sitaram wrote:
> Hi,
> I am a new one Perl.
> I want a book which gives the Knowledge about perl.
> I learned up to some extent using the online books.
> I want a book which is tells me about functions(system,Built in) in brief.
> Can U send the URL for such a Book.
>
> I am waiting for your reply.
>
> Thanks and Regards
>    Sitaram

Sitaram,

This list is intended to help define the syntax/grammar/etc of Perl 6,
the next iteration of Perl.  As such, it's not really the right place
for your question.

The place to direct questions like this, and all other beginner
questions, would probably be [EMAIL PROTECTED] (the people on the
list are extremely knowledgeable and helpful):

However, some good pointers for you:

Programming Perl (also known as "The Camel Book") is the definitive book:
            http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/pperl3/

Learning Perl (also known as "The Llama Book") is probably the best-known
    introductory book:
            http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/lperl3/

Welcome to Perl!

--Dks