"Jonathan Scott Duff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 10:31:23PM -0400, Joe Gottman wrote:
> >    And Perl 6 isn't?  I use backticks quite a bit in Perl, and I don't
see
> > that changing if I upgrade to Perl 6.
>
> Me too, but I write my backticks like qx()    :)

I was just thinking that it would be nice if qx was a :prefix operator with
a bit of clever parsing, so you could write in lisp style:

  (qx rm -rf /usr/bin/perl*);

And then, in the spirit of perl6's elimination of parentheses where
possible:

  qx rm -rf usr/bin/* ;

(i.e. it goes to the end of the current expression-scope). Perhaps a
"qx<<"HERE";" form could be useful, too.

If we could implement such a prefix:qx operator (as a macro?), then the qx
form would be only one char (the space) more than the backtick form.

Dave.