[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Austin Hastings wrote:

my int $i = ...; # Fails at compile time -- no good conversion.

my Int $i = ...; # Warns at compile time, fails at runtime.

I don't get the reasoning here. If Yada Yada Yada is to indicate code that you haven't written yet, it should never fail at compile time unless it's impossible to compile the program without knowing what that code is, so

my int $i = ...;

should compile. The problem would arise when you actually tried to run that particular bit of code, which may well look to Parrot like 'die horribly'.

Or. not so horribly. If I'm in the perl debugger, I'd want that to be a breakpoint
and give me the option to type in a evaluable string to replace it. So it should throw a properly marked exception that an outer context can do something
with.

Good point.