On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 13:27, Austin Hastings wrote:

> I think we had this discussion a year or two ago, and Damian was opposed to
> the notion that providing the correct methods was equivalent to providing
> the interface or belonging to the class.
>
> His reasoning involved Dog and Tree both sharing grow, bark, etc.
>
> Perhaps he could re-explain his reasoning?

I agree with his reasoning.  You need some sort of context to determine
whether bark() is a noun or a verb -- that'd be the name of the class
(or the role, in my scheme).

Trying to infer which role might apply may be nice in some cases, but as
a general matter of policy it seems pretty vague and corner-casey.  I'm
comfortable saying "if you don't mark 'does' and you don't inherit, the
compiler won't guess that you do."

-- c