[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Paul Hodges) writes:
> Do note that I realize I can check it. It's just that for no reason I
> can quite define, my C background wants a null byte to be FALSE without
> any special chicanery on my part when checking. I can live with the
> fact it isn't going to be, it just seems odd to me.

Has this problem ever bitten you in Perl coding so far?

I don't think I've ever seen a bug in code that turned out to be because
of "0.0" being true, either; I'm sure someone can find an example, but it's
extremely rare.

--
Do you associate ST JOHN'S with addiction to ASIA FILE?
    - Henry Braun is Oxford Zippy