Dan Hursh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Ouch.  I hadn't thought of that.  I'm a big fan of litering loops with
>
>       discard(),next if dontCareBecause();  # it don't matter here

I like the idea here, but I don't think we need the comma...

> type constructs.  I was going to suggest
>
>       print and next if /stgh/;
>
> but there is a difference that will probably bite you when you least
> expect it.  You could say

One word:  xor

Yes, this is abusing a logical operator, which was intended to test a
condition, for flow control.  If that makes you feel dirty, you could
always write a traditional conditional with a block.

split//,"[EMAIL PROTECTED]/ --";$\=$ ;-> ();print$/