Juerd wrote:
Matthew Walton skribis 2004-12-01  9:55 (+0000):

Yes, that would be fun... almost worth throwing out a compiler warning for that, especially if we've still got use warnings. Something like

Warning: «{ }» creates empty list

It should generate a warning similar to the warning of interpolating an
undefined value, but with s/undefined variable/empty list/.

Yes, that would make sense.

Because I'm sure it should be wrong to create empty circumfix operators.

You have to admit that zero width circumfix operators would be VERY NEAT.

Well that depends... are you intending to write programs, or drive the world insane?