On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 14:57, Ovid wrote:
> --- Matt Fowles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >    Logic Programming in Perl 6
> >     Ovid asked what logic programming in perl 6 would look like. No
> > answer yet, but I suppose I can pick the low hanging fruit: as a
> > limiting case
> >     you could always back out the entire perl 6 grammar and insert
> > that of prolog.
>
> I dunno about that.  The predicate calculus doesn't exactly translate
> well to the sort of programming that Perl 6 is geared for.  I don't
> think it's a matter of redefining a grammar.  Maybe unification can be
> handled with junctions, but backtracking?

The grammar is easy (well, as easy as any high-level programming
language grammar, and easier than some), and the rest could be
implemented in one of two ways: write a Prolog::Engine module with the
whole thing from scratch or linked in from some existing Prolog
interpreter; or layer it all on top of the Perl 6 rules engine. The
latter would be possible, but indescribably gross.

--
â 781-324-3772
â [EMAIL PROTECTED]