Autrijus Tang writes:
> Just a quick question: Is Hash keys still Strings, or can they be
> arbitary values?

They can be declared to be arbitrary:

    my %hash is shape(Any);

> If the latter, can Int 2, Num 2.0 and Str "2" point to different
> values?

That's an interesting question.  Some people would want them to, and
some people would definitely not want them to.  I think the general
consensus is that people would not want them to be different, since in
the rest of perl, 2 and "2" are the same.

The object model that I'm working on actually identifies 2 and "2" as
the same object, indistinguishable in every respect.  But that hasn't
been accepted (or even proposed)... yet.

Luke