Hi,

I'm just wondering, if the following would be possible with Perl 6 or not?

> XML

say $a.elems[0].elem[1].content; # "Content #1"

for ($a.elems) { say $_.content; }

or XPath like syntax on a structure?

> SQL

$a=select * from table;
for(select * from table where id>5) {
  say $_.id ~ ' -> ' $_.value;
}

The ideas coming from Comega, the next version of CSharp(?). Here's an intro about it:

http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2005/01/12/comega.html?page=2

Or just search for "comega" with you favourite search engine.

The first one, creating native XML support for a language is not new, E4X (EcmaScript for XML) is about the same:

http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Ecma-357.htm

I think both about macros, and it seem's it will be possible extend Perl 6 with them. But what do you think about extending Perl 6 (or Perl 6.1) with native XML handling, like it's native regular expression / rule handling?

Bye,
  Andras